Events By Year
- Sunday 6th Jan 2019 7:00AM
Come join us at Safehaven on Sunday January 6th for the fundraising One Dog Jog.
This is a 5k charity fun walk / run supporting 'One Dog at a Time'.
Online registration, open from Dec 6th at www.caymanactive.com/registrations
Offline registration available at the "One Dog at a Time" thrift shop, or on the day from 6:30am.
$25 for over 5's. FREE for accompanied children 5 and under.
Bring your own water bottle to limit trash and be environmentally friendly.
Dogs must be leashed at all times. Owners, please use a yellow ribbon to show if your dog needs extra space.
More info? Post on the timeline here, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday 8th Jan 2019 5:45PM - Thursday 19th Dec 2019 7:00PM
It's a New Year people and that means a fresh serving of Ultimate Frisbee is on the table! Put those New Year's resolutions in motion and come down to the Annex field in George Town (beside GT primary school) for some casual, coed pickup games on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:45 to 7pm. Open to all fitness and ability levels, newcomers are welcome!!
- Wednesday 9th Jan 2019 12:30PM - Wednesday 6th Feb 2019 1:15PM
Lunchtime swim session starting next week Wednesday!! If you are working towards mercury man or want to improve your open water stamina. Why not, jump in the water on your lunch break for 30-45mins, have a quick shower at the Westin and feel fantastic for the rest of the day.
This group is not just for Mercury man athletes but for all abilities wanting to improve their endurance in the open water. Ideal for business owners, entrepreneurs, and Mums that may have flexibility in their daytime schedule.
What you will receive- sets to improve your speed and stamina.
Technical help and support, accountability, swimming community and up and coming race updates.
What will it cost- 5 weeks swimming sessions for $50
If you cannot make Wednesday's and would like to some one on one training, please be sure to send me a message.
FACEBOOK: Send a message
INSTAGRAM: DM me
- Saturday 12th Jan 2019 6:00AM
Movers For Life a non profit charity in the Cayman Islands presents: Take it to the Beach.
An exciting Zumba and Aerobics Explosion/Fitness party to provide free motivational support for all our community.
Calroy Harris and Kevin Creary two exciting instructors will be there to pump up the session.
Free at SMB Public Beach January 12, 6am very sharp. Finishes @ 7am.
There will be FREE refreshments and giveaways.
The event is open to the entire island but you must register at: www.eventbrite.com/e/take-it-to-the-beach-tickets-53892539035
- Saturday 12th Jan 2019 8:00AM - 10:00AM
Location: Barefoot Beach, East End, Grand Cayman
Arrive from 8am onwards, and help us pick up some of the plastic on this beautiful beach. Footwear is advised.
Please remember -
✅ your hat and sun cream
✅ a reusable water bottle
✅ to bring a friend and carpool
✅ to sign in (for a chance to win a trip by Red Sail Sports)
✅ bring reusable gloves (if you don’t have any we do provide them)
✅ to be mindful of what you pick up, watch out for sharp objects
✅ to make some lifestyle changes and avoid single-use plastics
✅ to take our #345Pledge - www.plasticfreecayman,com
✅ to give yourself a pat on the back! ?
Directions from George Town:
Head towards the Eastern Districts, through Breakers and turn left at Frank Sound Road, drive all the way to the top and take a right (not left to Rum Point) - approx 3 Miles on the Queens Highway is Barefoot Beach.
- Sorry, but the event is over and you will no longer be able to RSVP or make any RSVP updates for this event
- Saturday 12th Jan 2019 4:00PM
The CUC 800m sea swim has been rescheduled again to a new date of January 12th 2019, and returns to the usual time of 4pm.
CUC will be giving away 5 Cayman Airways gift vouchers valued at $200 each!
The Cayman Islands Aquatic Sports Association and CUC present the 30th Annual CUC 800m Sea Swim, and associated 400m Sea Swim for those 12 and under.
- WHEN: Oct 6th 2018. Dec 1st 2018. NEW DATE: JAN 12th 2019
- WHERE: Governor’s Beach (not Public Beach!)
- TIME: 800m race starts 4pm. Followed by the 12&U 400m.
- REGISTRATION: Governor’s Beach from 3pm to 3:45pm. Check the event timeline for registration forms. Print, complete and bring along on the day.
- CUT-OFF TIME: 40 Minutes from Race Start
- COURSE: Loop Course – Start and Finish at Governor’s Beach
- 800m CIASA Members: CI$10 for children and CI$15 for adults
- 800m Non-Members: CI$15 for children and CI$20 for adults
- 400m $10
- For 800m entrants: Trophies for first, second and third places in all age groups. T-shirts and refreshments for all participants.
- For 400m entrants: Ribbons and refreshments for all participants.
If weather conditions threaten the safety of the swimmers or organizers, the race may be cancelled at the discretion of the Race Director.
- Monday 14th Jan, 2019 - Sunday 3rd Feb, 2019
Start 2019 on the right foot... after all the Christmas beef, ham, turkey and heavy cakes it will be time to get moving again... The annual "Pedometer Challenge" is back, bigger and better than ever before!
Public Servants (CIG & SAGC Employees) visit www.caymanactive.com/esc to join
Non-CIG & SAGC Employees follow along and track your steps at www.caymanactive.com/steps
- Saturday 19th Jan 2019 5:30AM
On Sunday, March 24th come join Rotaract Blue for our 5k walk/run fundraising event for the Fred Speirs Vocational Grant.
The grant is a scholarship funded in memory of Rotarian Fred Speirs and is given to students between 16-30 who wish to pursue or currently pursuing a technical or vocational programme locally or overseas.
Entry fee CI$25. Children under 10 are FREE.
T-shirt included in registration (S/ M/ L/ XL).
Race day registration will still be available from 5:30am.
Walkers start at 6:30am and runners at 6:45am.
- Sunday 27th Jan 2019 6:00AM
The Nationwide Stride Against Cancer, a fundraising event to benefit the Cayman Islands Cancer Society takes place on the last Sunday each January.
For 2019, the big day is Sunday January 27th.
Registration options coming soon
CI$25 early bird registration will close midnight on January 12. Starting January 13 general registration price will be CI$30. No registration on the day of the event, please.
Race packets (t-shirts) can be collected starting the week of Monday, January 21st, 2019. Shirt sizes limited, come early.
- Half Marathon / Long Course / TIMED RACE start @ 6am
- Quarter Marathon / Short Course start @ 7am (Gather for the big group start picture @6:45am)
For more information: Call 345 949 7618 or email@example.com