The Deputy Governor’s 5K Challenge is an annual event led by Deputy Governor Franz Manderson that brings together civil servants, private sector employees and members of the general public in a fitness and fundraising challenge. This is part of the Deputy Governor’s vision to have a healthier, more active and more socially engaged civil service while benefiting charitable organisations and initiatives in the Cayman Islands.
Dates & Routes:
- Cayman Brac - Sunday 23rd April 2017, 6:30am Start - Route Map
- Grand Cayman - Sunday 30th April 2017, 6:30am Start - Route Map
- Registration Fees are non-transferrable and non-refundable
- Adults age 18 and over CI$25
- Child age 17 and under CI$10
- Online: Use your credit card, debit card or PayPal account.
- CIG Payroll Deduction: For CIG employees only. Not including SAGCs. You will be asked to provide your employee number.
- Offline Cheque: For private sector corporate cheque payments.
- Offline Cash: Pay by cash, in person. See T-Shirt and Bib Collection Dates below.
- Fees are non-transferrable
T-Shirt & Bib Collection Dates:
Limited-edition t-shirts will be available for collection on a first-come, first-served basis.
Bibs (also referred to as race numbers) must be collected before the day of the event from the locations shown above during the times indicated. Bib numbers are unique and assigned to each participant and should not be traded.
- Cayman Brac
- District Administration Building, Tuesday April 18th to Friday April 21st, 9am to 5pm
- Kirckconnell Supermarket, Saturday April 22nd, 10:30am to 6pm
- Brac Reef Resort, Sunday April 23rd, 5:45am to 6am
- Grand Cayman
- Government Administration Building Lobby, Elgin Avenue, Wednesday April 26th to Friday April 28th, from 9am to 6pm.
Trophies & Medals:
- 8 Perpetual Trophies
- CIG Department Most Participants
- CIG Department Highest % of Participants
- SAGC Most Participants
- SAGC Highest % of Participants
- Corporate Champions - Most Participants
- School Champions - Most Participants
- 1st Place Male and 1st Place Female
- Distributed Trophies and Medals
- Grand Cayman 1st Place Male and 1st Place Female
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Male and Female Category Medals
- Age 13 and Under
- Age 14-16
- Age 17-19
- Age 20-29
- Age 30-39
- Age 40-49
- Age 50-59
- Age 60+
- Civil Servant
- Overall Winner
Refreshments will be available on the day. Trophies and great spot prizes will be given immediately after the walk/run.
Results will be published at www.caymanactive.com/results.
Need more information? Email email@example.com
or call 244-3609 (Grand Cayman), 244 6672 (Cayman Brac)